Mawwiage. Mawwiage is what bwings us togethew today. Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam within a dweam. And wove, twue wove, wiww fowwow you fowevah and evah…
Darlings, Dolly Clackett (aka. Roisin) is getting married, and it’s time to celebrate with sewing!
And what else could we sew to celebrate Roisin but a classic fit-and-flare dress in novelty cotton? Cowgirls, pin-ups, polkadots, gingham, flowers, and so much more! (Seriously, click on that last link and drool over her adorable outfits!)
Here are the rules:
- The contest will run from February 23 – April 23, 2014, ending one month prior to Roisin’s wedding.
- Roisin will be judging all entries and picking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Contestants can earn extra entries sewing with her favourite patterns, but any dress pattern that emulates Roisin’s style is great.
- Only dresses made during the contest are eligible.
- The goal is to create a dress in homage to her lovely style!
This project was dreamt up by Sarah from Rhinestones and Telephones, who is friends-across-the-ocean with Roisin and luckily for me, lives just an hours from my home! Sarah was the first blogger I ever met in real life, and I think this whole project is a testament to her thoughtfulness and kindness! When she asked me to post about it on the Sewcialist blog, I was only too happy!
There are some pretty awesome prizes:
- £50 gift voucher for Berylune
- By Hand London Anna and Elisalex patterns
- Christine Haynes Emery pattern
- Colette Patterns pattern of your choice
- $75 Hart’s Fabric gift certificate
- Sewaholic pattern of your choice
Wow, eh? Some good incentive! Plus, with all this intense weather we are having, a pretty garden party frock seems temping right now. In my mind, I’m thinking, “What would I wear to Roisin’s garden wedding, IF she was having a garden wedding and IF I was invited?”
Head on over to Sarah’s blog to find out the rest of the details, like the Flickr group for posting pics and how we’re in cahoots with Roisin’s fiance Nic!
ps. Don’t forget to comment on Solvi’s guest post about Vikings to win some her her handmade Viking-style trim!